How to Properly Brush Your Teeth
Keeping your teeth and appliances clean is a must. Brackets, wires and bands can trap food. They also provide places for plaque to build up. The best way to prevent problem is to brush after every meal and snack.
Steps for good brushing:
- Always use a soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush around and under braces, not just over them.
- after rinsing, check your braces and all of your teeth.
- Brush and rinse again.
- For best results, follow this 5-2 rule: brush FIVE times a day and brush your teeth Twice each time you brush.
Times to Brush
- Before breakfast
- After breakfast
- After you get home from school
- Before dinner
- Before going to bed.
Special products and devices can help keep teeth and braces clean.
- Prescription Fluoride toothpaste, like MI Paste Plus. This Paste is not only fighting against caries but also prevents white spots from forming. It comes in variety of flavors.
- Fluoride mouth rinse, like Phos-Flur, helps prevent tooth decay.